The terms and conditions detailed below apply to all bookings online at www.fischers-baslowhall.co.uk or by telephone or by email or in person. When making a booking, your contract will be with Fischer’s at Baslow Hall, a trading name of Baslow Hall Limited. Registered office: Baslow Hall, Calver Road, Baslow Derbyshire DE45 1RR.Registered as a company in England No. 02241916. All rates are subject to availability.
Payment & Confirmation of the Booking
A valid Credit/Debit Card is needed at the time of booking in order for the booking to be confirmed. We ask for a deposit of £50 per room per night for overnight guests and £10 per person for a dining only reservation.
All major Credit and Debit cards, with the exception of Diners Cards, are accepted.
The Credit/Debit card given at the time of booking your room (s) will only be used to guarantee the accommodation booked and these details are encrypted in a secure ‘padlocked’ server during the online booking process.
Bedroom Rates are quoted in £GBP and include VAT, Parking and WiFi connection.
Individual bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 7days prior to check in. For cancellations within the 24 hour period the hotel reserves the right to charge the full amount of the reservation’s worth whilst every endeavour is made to re-sell the accommodation. Emergencies will be taken into consideration.
Arrival and Departure Times
Check-In Time from 15.00 (3.00pm)
Latest Check out Time 11.00 (11am)
Early Check-in and Late Check-Out Times may be available. Please contact Reception upon arrival.
Our Reception is not manned 24 hours a day and closes at 10pm, Monday – Saturday and at 8.30pm on Sunday. If you are to arrive very late evening or early morning, please call the hotel ahead to let us know.
Room rates shown on our website are per room per night and include all taxes.
We reserve the right to charge your debit/credit card for any damage done to your room during your stay and for any items that are missing when you leave.
We are unable to accommodate dogs and other pets at present.
Dinner Bookings within the Restaurant cannot be guaranteed online, please contact the hotel directly if you wish to book a specific time for Dinner, due to the size of the restaurant.
Our dress code is smart casual. We prefer our guests not to wear faded jeans, sweatshirts, t-shirts or trainers.
We use nuts, fish, egg, shellfish, milk and gluten products within our kitchens and it is impossible to fully guarantee separation of these items in storage, preparation or cooking.
Many ingredients such as onions, garlic, peppers, seasonings and alcohol are an integral part of our basic preparations and it is not possible to isolate them entirely from dishes. Where guests are intolerant of these basic ingredients, we can offer the very best of fresh ingredients, prepared in a simple manner.
Please inform staff of any food allergies at the time of booking and prior to placing your order and we shall endeavour to accommodate guests’ dietary requirements whenever possible. All allergies must be stated at the time of booking or given 24 hours-notice.
All of Fischer’s’ Baslow Hall is a non-smoking hotel and penalty fees will apply if you smoke anywhere inside the hotel. The penalty fee is the charge of deep cleaning the room or public area and ensures that the hotel’s cleanliness is kept to its very high standard.
Guests are able to smoke outside the hotel within the grounds.
In some of the public areas of the hotel and some staff areas CCTV is in operation and recordings made. This is purely for security reasons for the benefit of both guests of the hotel and staff.
Fischer’s Baslow Hall recognises children as being 12 years or under. Individuals over the age of 12 will be classed as adults and charged accordingly.
Fischer’s prides itself on providing guests with an ambience of calm and relaxation. We respectfully request that parents and carers ensure children in their care behave accordingly, without causing disturbance, disruption or distress to other residents or diners, or damage to hotel property. In the event of damage, it may be necessary for Fischer’s to request compensation.
A limited number of extra beds are available for children up to the age of 12. Campbeds (for children up to the age of 12) are charged at the rate of £25.00 per stay.
Cots are available and are charge at £10 per stay.
Please be aware the number of these beds are limited and are available in the following rooms only:
Rutland : single campbed for child or young adult
Garden Rooms 1,2,3,4 & 5 : up to 2 campbeds or campbed and a cot.
If as a Private Dining or Wedding Party you have reserved all the bedrooms in the Hall, we can offer some flexibility. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Any special dietary or dining requirements must be advised at the time of booking. We offer some flexibility on price for simpler children’s dishes. Please discuss your requirements with our Reception Team at the time of booking.
We welcome well behaved children in the dining room aged 8 and over. We wish for all our guests to enjoy the refined relaxed, ambience and award winning food. To protect other guests, we restrict children under the age of 8 entirely, unless we can accommodate in one of our private dining rooms, or at weekend lunchtimes.
The minimum age for children dining on the Kitchen Bench is 8 years at lunchtime and in the evening. Children must dine from the Taste of Britain menu.
Car Parking is available, subject to availability, free of charge in our car park. This is entirely at your own risk and we cannot accept any responsibility for theft or damage to your vehicle.
Wi-Fi Provision and Usage
This agreement sets out the terms and conditions on which wireless internet access (“the Service”) is provided (free of charge)] to you, a (customer/guest) of Fischer’s Baslow Hall (“us”) in consideration for your custom, your agreement to these terms and conditions and your agreement to allow us to send to you by e-mail our promotional and marketing material;
Extent of the Service
- We do not recommend in particular the use of any websites (or other internet related services) (“Internet Services”) and your use of Internet Services is carried out entirely at your own risk.
- We have no responsibility for, or control over, the Internet Services you access and do not guarantee that any services are error or virus free.
- We have no responsibility for, or control over, the information you transmit or receive via the Service.
- Save for the purposes of network diagnostics we do not examine the use to which you put the Service or the nature of the information you send or receive.
- We do not guarantee:
- the availability of the Service;
- the speed at which information may be transmitted or received via the Service; or
- that the Service will be compatible with your equipment or any software which you use.
- Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure the security of the Service and to prevent unlawful access to information transmitted or received using the Service] we do not guarantee the security of the information which you may transmit or receive using the Service or located on any equipment utilising the Service and you accept that it is your responsibility to protect your information and have adequate security (in terms of equipment and procedures) to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of your information and data.
- We reserve the right at all times to withdraw the Service, change the specifications or manner of use of the Service, to change access codes, usernames, passwords or other security information necessary to access the service.
Your Use of the Service
- You must not use the Service to access Internet Services, or send or receive e-
- are defamatory, threatening, intimidatory or which could be classed as harassment;
- contain obscene, profane or abusive language or material;
- contain pornographic material (that is text, pictures, films, video clips of a sexually explicit or arousing nature);
- contain offensive or derogatory images regarding sex, race, religion, colour, origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition or sexual orientation;
- contain material which infringe third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights);
- in our reasonable opinion may adversely affect the manner in which we carry out our business; or
- are otherwise unlawful or inappropriate;
- Music, video, pictures, text and other content on the internet are copyright works and you should not download, alter, e-mail or otherwise use such content unless certain that the owner of such works has authorised its use by you.
- We may terminate or temporarily suspend the Service if we reasonably believe that you are in breach of any provisions of this agreement.
- We recommend that you do not use the service to transmit or receive any confidential information or data and should you choose to do so you do so at your own risk.
- The Service is intended for consumer use only.
- You must not use the Service to engage in any activity which constitutes or is capable of constituting a criminal offence, either in the United Kingdom or in any state throughout the world.
- You agree and acknowledge that we may be required to provide assistance and information to law enforcement, governmental agencies and other authorities.
- You agree and acknowledge that we may keep a log of the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of any devices which access the Service, the times when they have accessed the Service and the activity associated with that IP address.
- You further agree we are entitled to co-operate with law enforcement authorities and rights-holders in the investigation of any suspected or alleged illegal activity by you which may include, but is not limited to, disclosure of such information as we have and are entitled to provide by law, to law enforcement authorities or rights-holders.
- You agree to compensate us fully for any claims or legal action made or threatened against us by someone else because you have used the service in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Whilst we do not seek to limit our responsibility for fraudulent misrepresentation or if you are injured or die as a result of our negligence we have no responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) to compensate you (whether or not we are negligent) for any direct financial loss, loss of profit, revenue, time, anticipated savings or profit or revenue, opportunity, data, use, business, wasted expenditure, business interruption, loss arising from disclosure of confidential information, loss arising from or in connection with use of the service or inability to use or access the service or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the service at any time or damage to physical property or for any other similar direct loss that may arise in relation to this agreement whether or not we were advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- We agree that neither this agreement does not allow either party to act as, or hold themselves out as, acting as an agent of the other party and that that the terms of this agreement are not enforceable by a third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- This agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.