Serves 4 people
4 Slices Pork Shin (with bone in)
OR – 750g lean diced pork leg for braising
A pinch of 5 spice curry powder
50ml Maple Syrup
20 ml Sherry Vinegar
1 x Star Anise
½ Stick Cinnamon
400ml Beef Stock
1. Season the meat with salt, pepper & the 5 spice powder. Fry off in a hot pan with a little vegetable oil to seal it on all sides.
2. Add the maple syrup & cook until it is sticky.
3. Add the sherry vinegar & fully reduce.
4. Add the beef stock, star anise & cinnamon. Reduce heat & simmer very gently for 1 – 1½ hours until meat starts to ‘break’.
5. Remove meat from stock & reduce the stock to a sauce consistency. Return meat to warm through & serve with roast sweet potatoes & baby pak choi.