Serves 4 people
4 lemons juiced
250 g caster sugar
500 ml double cream
300 g Yorkshire Forced Rhubarb chopped
50 g caster sugar
75 g warm melted butter
80 g sugar
40 g ground almonds
80 g plain flour
Lemon Posset Method
1. Bring the sugar and lemon juice to the boil for 2 minutes.
2. In a separate pan boil the cream over a gentle heat.
3. Add the lemon mixture with the cream.
4. Pour into serving glasses – Martini glasses are ideal.
5. Set in the fridge for about 2 hours.
Rhubarb Compote Method
Cook the rhubarb and sugar over a low heat until soften but still chunky.
Almond Madelines Method
1. Whisk the egg and sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Sieve the almonds and flour together.
3. Gradually fold the flour mix into the egg mixture.
4. Pour in the warm butter carefully.
5. Scoop into buttered and floured moulds.
6. Cook at 175 ºC for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
To serve spoon the warm compote on the top of the set Lemon Posset and enjoy with the Madelines.