Information Collection and Use
In order for Fischer’s Baslow Hall to maintain its high standard of customer services and online facilities it is necessary to collect data from visitors on www.fischers-baslowhall.co.uk.
Personal data collected
On our Site you can make enquiries, request information and subscribe to marketing or support materials.
“Personal Data” are data that identify you as an individual or relate to an identifiable individual. At touchpoints throughout your guest journey, we collect Personal Data in accordance with law, such as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number or other payment data
- Financial information in limited circumstances
- Date and place of birth
- Nationality, passport, visa or other government-issued identification data
- Important dates, such as birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions
- Membership or loyalty program data (including co-branded payment cards, travel partner program affiliations)
- Travel itinerary, tour group or activity data
- Prior guest stays or interactions, goods and services purchased, special service and amenity requests
- Geolocation information
- Social media account ID, profile photo and other data publicly available, or data made available by linking your social media and loyalty accounts
In more limited circumstances, we also may collect:
- Data about family members and companions, such as names and ages of children
- Images and video and audio data via security cameras located in public areas, such as hallways and lobbies, in our properties.
- Guest preferences and personalized data (“Personal Preferences”), such as your interests, activities, hobbies, food and beverage choices, services and amenities of which you advise us or which we learn about during your visit
If you submit any Personal Data about other people to us or our Service Providers (e.g., if you make a reservation for another individual), you represent that you have the authority to do so and you permit us to use the data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways:
- Online Services. We collect Personal Data when you make a reservation, purchase goods and services from our Websites or Apps, communicate with us, or otherwise connect with us or post to social media pages, or sign up for a newsletter or participate in a survey, contest or promotional offer.
- Property Visits and Offline Interactions. We collect Personal Data when you visit our property or use on-property services. We also collect Personal Data when you attend promotional events that we host or in which we participate, or when you provide your Personal Data to facilitate an event.
- Customer Care Centers. We collect Personal Data when you make a reservation over the phone, communicate with us by email, fax or via online chat services or contact customer service. These communications may be recorded for purposes of quality assurance and training.
- Strategic Business Partners. We collect Personal Data from companies with whom we partner to provide you with goods, services or offers based upon your experiences at our properties or that we believe will be of interest to you (“Strategic Business Partners”). Examples of Strategic Business Partners include wine sommelier events and forager courses. Strategic Business Partners are independent from Fischer’s Baslow Hall Ltd.
“Other Data” are data that generally do not reveal your specific identity or do not directly relate to an individual. To the extent Other Data reveal your specific identity or relate to an individual, we will treat Other Data as Personal Data. Other Data include:
- Browser and device data
- App usage data
- Data collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic data and other data provided by you
- Aggregated data
We collect Other Data in a variety of ways:
- We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the Online Services, pages visited, referring URL, language preferences, and other aggregated traffic data. We use the data for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display data more effectively, to collect statistical data, to personalize your experience while using the Online Services and to recognize your computer to assist your use of the Online Services. We also gather statistical data about use of the Online Services to continually improve design and functionality, understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions.
If you do not want data collected with cookies, you can learn more about controlling cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser or by managing your tracking preferences by clicking on “Tracking Preferences” located at the bottom of our home page. If, however, you do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Online Services. For example, we will not be able to recognize your computer, and you will need to log in every time you visit. You also will not receive advertising or other offers from us that are relevant to your interests and needs. At this time, we do not respond to browser “Do-Not-Track” signals.
- Pixel Tags andother similar technologies. We collect data from pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs), which are used with some Online Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Online Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Online Services.
- Your IP Address. We collect your IP address, a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files when a user accesses the Online Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. We use IP addresses to calculate usage levels, diagnose server problems and administer the Online Services. We also may derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Aggregated Data. We may aggregate data that we collected and this aggregated data will not personally identify you or any other user.
Use of Personal Data and Other Data
We use Personal Data and Other Data to provide you with Services, to develop new offerings and to protect Fischer’s Baslow Hall Ltd and our guests as detailed below. In some instances, we will request that you provide Personal Data or Other Data to us directly. If you do not provide the data that we request, or prohibit us from collecting such data, we may not be able to provide the requested Services.
We use Personal Data and Other Data for our legitimate business interests, including the following:
Provide the Services you request.
We use Personal Data and Other Data to provide Services you request, including:
- To facilitate reservations, payment, send administrative information, confirmations or pre-arrival messages, to assist you with meetings and events and to provide you with other information about the area and the property at which you are scheduled to visit
- To complete your reservation and stay, for example, to process your payment, ensure that your room is available and provide you with related customer service
- To support our electronic receipt program. When you provide an email address in making a reservation, we use that email address to send you a copy of your bill. If you make a reservation for another person using your email address, that person’s bill will be emailed to you, as well. You can opt out of receiving your bill via email and instead receive a paper copy by contacting the front desk
We will use Personal Data and Other Data to manage our contractual relationship with you, because we have a legitimate interest to do so and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Personalize the Services according to your Personal Preferences.
We use Personal Data and Other Data to personalize the Services and improve your experiences, including when you contact our call center, visit one of our properties or use the Online Services, to:
- Customize your experience according to your Personal Preferences
- Present offers tailored to your Personal Preferences
We will use Personal Data and Other Data to provide personalized Services according to your Personal Preferences either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
Communicate with you about goods and services according to your Personal Preferences.
We use Personal Data and Other Data to:
- Send you marketing communications and promotional offers, as well as periodic customer satisfaction, market research or quality assurance surveys
We will use Personal Data and Other Data to communicate with you with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
We use Personal Data and Other Data to:
- Offer and manage your participation in our global loyalty programs, as well as others that are specific to certain properties or tailored to your interests
- Send you offers, promotions and information about your account status and activities
- Assess your benefits
- Administer points earned through co-branded credit cards
- Manage your choices regarding how you wish to earn, track and use your points
We will use Personal Data and Other Data in this way with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
Sweepstakes, activities, events and promotions.
We use Personal Data and Other Data to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and other promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules and may contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Data. We suggest that you read any such rules carefully.
We use Personal Data and Other Data in this way with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
We use Personal Data and Other Data for data analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention (including with the use of closed circuit television, card keys, and other security systems), developing new goods and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
We use Personal Data and Other Data in this way to manage our contractual relationship with you, comply with a legal obligation and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
Data Collection and Purpose Specification
We collect your personal data to help us understand your needs and interests and provide you with better services. Specifically, we use your information to arrange reservations, communicate with you, to update you on services and benefits, and to better understand who uses our Site and the pages they access so as to be able to improve the Site.
Occasionally, we may also use your information to contact you for market research regarding Fischer’s Baslow Hall’s products and services. We will give you the opportunity to opt-out of market research and customer surveys.
You agree that if we transfer ownership or management of the Site to a third party we may also transfer your data to such third party, provided such third party agrees to observe this policy.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, other than for which it was originally supplied, we will ask you first. We take seriously the trust you place in us.
We do not give visitors to our Site the option of using a secure transmission method to send us their personal data, unless otherwise indicated. Accordingly, your attention is drawn to the fact that any information carried over the Internet is not secure; information can be intercepted, lost, redirected, changed and read by other people.
However, Fischer’s Baslow Hall acknowledges your trust and is committed to protecting the information you provide to us. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of information, we have employed physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All our employees and data processors, who have access to and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal details.
We use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data, and set strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
Automatic Collection of Information
Feedback, including comments and questions
When you send us or provide us with personal information via e-mail (that is, in a message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a form that e-mails us this information) or via telephone, we use it to respond to your requests.
If you e-mail us, or give us your e-mail address, we will keep a record of it. We may use it to contact you occasionally about other products and services which may be of interest to you, unless you ask us not to do so. We will not give your e-mail address to any unauthorised third parties.
When you e-mail us please remember that the content of your e-mail is insecure and could be intercepted. Accordingly, please keep the amount of confidential information to a minimum and we will do likewise when we reply.
Your Rights to Access Personal Data
Fischer’s Baslow Hall strives to keep your personal data accurate and encourages you to contact us at email@example.com to update your information, if necessary.
Fischer’s Baslow Hall
Telephone Number: 01246 583259
We have to provide you with a readable copy of the personal data, which we keep about you, within 40 days of receiving your written request. The Act allows us to charge a fee of £10 for this service. Evidence or proof of your identity (for example, a passport, driver’s licence or current bills) will be required.
It is both in our interest and yours to hold accurate data. If the data we hold on you is inaccurate in any way, where appropriate, you may have the data:
- rectified or amended
We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal data, but will give reasons for our refusal and allow you to challenge our decision.
Complaints and Disputes
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any complaints or disputes relating to privacy matters.
Please send us your questions and comments regarding our privacy practices to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a letter to:
The General Manager
Fischer’s Baslow Hall
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we Fischer’s Baslow Hall are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
A software application used to locate and display Web pages.
Message given to a web browser by a web server. The browser in a text file called cookie.txt then stores the message. Each time the browser requests a page from the server, this message is sent back. A cookie’s main objective is to identify users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them for example by welcoming them by name next time they visit the same site. A site using cookies will usually invite you to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address and interests.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
IP (Internet Protocol)
All networks connected to the Internet speak IP, the technical standard that allows data to be transmitted between two devices. TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is responsible for making sure messages get from one host to another and that the messages are understood.
Delivers (serves up) web pages to your computer.