Chatsworth, home of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire, is one of Britain’s best loved historic houses and estates, set in the heart of the Peak District National Park. Visitors can see richly decorated rooms and famous works of art in Chatsworth House. In the 105 acre garden, 17th century formal waterworks and sculptures can be seen alongside Capability Brown’s lawns and Joseph Paxton’s rockeries, fountains and greenhouses and more than 5 miles of walks. Families enjoy the farmyard and the woodland adventure playground which thrills and delights children of all ages. The 1,000 acre park and the Farm Shop and restaurant are open all year around.
The house, garden, farmyard and adventure playground are open until 23rd December 2013.
In 2011 Chatsworth opened the New Gallery, a purpose made space for temporary exhibitions. In 2012 a new space in the house was dedicated to display some of the many Old Master Drawings in the Collection on a rotating basis. Chatsworth programme of art exhibitions for 2013 and 2014 is well advanced and includes exhibitions of contemporary sculpture in the gardens.
The exhibitions for this year include:
• William Turnball at Chatsworth- 10th March-30th June 2013
• Old Master Drawing Cabinet Landscapes- 10th March-31st July 2013
• Emma Tennant at Chatsworth- 24th March- 30th June 2013
• A Georgian Summer- 27th July- 29th August 2013
• Old Master Drawings Cabinet- 3rd August- 8th November 2013
• Modern Makers- 18th September to 23rd December 2013
• Discover the Magic of Narnia this Christmas at Chatsworth – 9th November 2013 – 23rd December 2013. Chatsworth will transport visitors to the magical land of Narnia this Christmas as the house undergoes a spectacular transformation to bring C.S. Lewis’s classic tale of ‘The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe’.
For more information visit their website.
Chatsworth is a 10-15 minute drive away from Baslow Hall or some residents may prefer to walk via Baslow Village and through the beautiful estate. Take advantage of one of our special accommodation packages throughout the year and visit this stunning House and Gardens.